Friday, November 19, 2010

A random collection of stuff

Today I’ll be cranking hard on my editor’s revisions, so I’m reserving all my brain power for that.

Since I have very limited brain power, that doesn't leave much for blogging. I don’t want to send you away empty-handed, so here are a few things I can offer up for your amusement:

  • Over at The Debutante Ball, we've been blogging about procrastination this week. Go see what I had to say on the subject. If you get around to it, I mean.
  • My post here yesterday generated a fascinating discussion on rereading. If you didn't read it (or if you didn't jump into the comments fray), feel free to add your two cents now.
  • There's still time to send me your entry for the MAKING WAVES cover contest. I've gotten some great ones so far, but can't wait to see what else will come trickling in by tomorrow's deadline.
  • If you need a good chuckle, go visit damnyouautocorrect.com. My fellow Debutante Ball author Eleanor Brown sent me the link yesterday morning right after I'd applied eyeliner (no simple task, since I generally stab myself in the eye and end up looking like a drunk raccoon). I was so proud of myself for not doing either of those things with yesterday's eyeliner application, but it didn't matter – within thirty seconds of visiting that site, I was laughing so hard I cried off all my makeup. The site is a collection of text messages altered by the phone's autocorrect feature to become truly hysterical. I particularly liked this one:

Come back Monday to find out who won the cover contest. In the meantime, be well and laugh hard! Or be hard and laugh well. Whatever.

10 comments :

Linda G. said...

LOL! I love damnyouautocorrect.com. Almost makes me want to learn how to send text messages, just so I can see what pops up. ;)

Sarah W said...

damnyouautocorrect.com is now tucked inside my Time Suck folder with failmylife.com and half of the I Can Haz Cheezburger family.

Speaking of texting, there's a update of Dracula out--iDracula. The original was epistolary, so it actually makes sense that this one is done in texts and blogs. It's actually not bad, though the characters are younger and hook up more.

Danica Avet said...

Really didn't need another time waster like damnyouautocorrect.come, but I. Must. Add. It. to my list of other things I do when I'm supposed to be writing.

Anonymous said...

Great blog post, saying it's only a filler-in! I'm the same, busy with editor's revisions. Finding time to blog is limited these days.

CJ xx

Matthew MacNish said...

Great stuff as usual, thanks Tawna!

Unknown said...

Lol! The Auto correct just took my mind off the snow we're getting up here ...

randine said...

How do they even get 'nipple' from apology? What is auto correct-- a 14 year old boy?

Lola Sharp said...

My Mac has autocorrect and I've left a few comments/tweets that turned out much different than intended. It usually happens when I use slang. I *try* to catch these changes, but it's stealthy, silent and takes joy in embarrassing me.

Have a delightful weekend,
Lola

Jan Markley said...

Thanks for the great links!

"Cat" will do said...

the tortoises at the sonora desert museum outside tucson: the male bites the females leg consistently to get her interested. i have sent this suggestion along to my boyfriend.