Thursday, July 26, 2012

I may be a moron, but I have a new release today!

Question:
What kind of moron ends up with the following major events all packed within the same few weeks:
  • A 20-year high school reunion
  • A family reunion
  • A household move of every earthly possession owned by two adults, two kids, five cats, and a dog
  • Planning a major event for the day job, including coordination of national media
  • Crunch-time on a book deadline
  • Release day for another book
  • An aggressive schedule of book signings & speaking engagements
Answer:
Me.

I'm the moron.

And I apologize in advance if I'm a bit of a scattered blogger for the next couple weeks. It's not you, it's me. Really.

But I can offer you two things (neither of which requires us to make up a lie about how we got rug-burn on our knees).

The first is my sincere promise that I'll keep up the best I can, and that I hope to return to normal (or my version of normal) very soon.

The second is some pretty big news . . .

The second episode of Getting Dumped is now available!

In case you're new to the party, Getting Dumped is my active-fiction release from Coliloquy. It's a serialized romantic caper about a woman who loses her job but finds love, intrigue, mayhem, and a new career buried in the unlikeliest of places (her local landfill). Think of it as a sort of modern choose-your-own-adventure where readers make decisions and I get readership data that helps me shape future episodes of the story.

The first episode came out back in January, and ended with a major cliffhanger that left a lot of people wondering who the hell is at the door with a gun!??!

Want to know?

Episode two is now available on Kindle, Kindle Fire, NOOK Tablet, and Android!

And yes, that list includes a few platforms that didn't used to be available, so I'm very excited about that.

If you want to read more about the second episode, you can go here. If you want to read an author Q&A with me discussing the new episode, go here.

And if you want to entertain yourself while you wait for my life to settle down a bit, Pure Romance has some lovely products designed with your amusement in mind.

Now who wants to help me pack?

9 comments :

Mary said...

Dang, you're one busy girl! Very excited about the second part of Getting Dumped--I really enjoyed Part I (excellent way to pass the time when you're stuck in the doctor's office). Happy new release!

Deborah Blake said...

Great goddess--I'm tired just reading that list!

You're not a moron...you're Superwoman.

Congrats on the new release!!!

Skye said...

Given that I don't have any of those e-reading formats (I have Kindle Reader on my phone, which doesn't cut it), I just have to ask: when does the next book come out? That's what I've been waiting for. And will Getting Dumped come out in non-interactive after it'a all over and the dust of choice has settled?

Skye said...

PS: Good luck on all your stuff. It sounds amazing and tiring. Better stock up on Red Bull ....

Linda G. said...

Wow, and I thought my current schedule was rough. I think you'll just have to give us sleep for the foreseeable future, girlfriend. ;)

And I can't tell you how freakin' thrilled I am to see the next installment of GETTING DUMPED!! It is loaded onto my Kindle, just waiting for me to steal some reading time. Can't wait!!

TAWNA FENSKE said...

Skye,
Good questions on all fronts. I'm guessing Coliloquy will eventually develop that format, so stay tuned.

There's a very good chance a non-active version of GETTING DUMPED will be released, though it's still too early in the game to know for sure.

As far as my next romantic comedy release, that's a very good question. I've been avoiding addressing this on the blog because there's been much behind-the-scenes wrangling with my editor, agent, and myself. The short version of the story is that the book originally slated as my third release was supposed to hit shelves later this summer, but a decision was made (nice passive voice, eh?!) to set that book aside and develop something different. That's in the works now, and if I can meet my September deadline, it will likely hit shelves in about a year. Everything is up in the air though, so thank you for your patience. Believe me, I understand your frustration :)

If it helps, I might have a novella released later this year. Stay tuned for that.

Tawna

Julie Glover said...

Yay! My ereader wasn't originally on the list, and now it is. :)

Rich Amooi said...

Cool! You can handle it!

And please let us know where you will be signing books and speaking! I could not find it on your website.

Thanks!

Rhonda Hopkins said...

Wow! I'd be a little crazy right now in your shoes. LOL Good luck with everything and congrats on the new release! :-)