Monday, September 3, 2012

A tasty spam sandwich for Labor Day

While I'm delighted to see comments of any sort on my blog posts, I'll admit there are some that entertain me more than others.

Alas, these are the ones readers rarely see, since Blogger has a rather aggressive filter for spam comments.

Some of the comments popping up this holiday weekend lead me to believe the spammers are laboring hard on Labor Day Weekend. In honor of their devoted work, creativity, and diligence, I'd like to share a few of their literary masterpieces:

Comment on my post "Does this book tour make my butt look big?"
Hence, not being aware of methods to understand signals,Coach Outlet connect, and even find the way area, this lady took the software a measure during a period. Mortgage loans low cost breast coverage will be one more excellent method show clothing increased 60 to 70 functional. Let alone your rapid interest and additionally curiosity that individuals are actually offering your site whilst your products or services. Cheap Coach Purses.
 My thoughts exactly.

Some of the spam comments offer valuable, unsolicited advice I've found helpful in my day-to-day routine.

Comment on my post "On topless bike riding and other things that shape an author's perspective"
Make eye drops one of your essential beauty supplies. A little trick to getting a great sharp point is to put them in the refrigerator or freezer 10 minutes before you are going to sharpen them. Small changes can often provide a significant impact to your beauty.

I can't count the number of times I've wished for sharper eye drops. I plan to put this into practice at once.

Sometimes, spammers are generous enough to offer kind words or compliments about my blog.

Comment on my post "Wild monkey sex" 
Whаt's up to all, how is the whole thing, I think every one is getting more from this web site, and your views are fastidious in favor of new people.

Why thank you!

And thank you to all of you for reading. Have you seen anything interesting in your spam filter lately? Please share!

And happy Labor Day to all.

6 comments :

Chihuahua Zero said...

Unfortunately, all the spam that I get is e-mail spam. I can count the number of comment spam I received with one hand.

chihuahuazero said...

Oh, by the way, here's an amusing spam story from another part of the blogosphere: http://www.dailywritingtips.com/how-to-identify-email-spam/

Unknown said...

Unfortunately, no ... The last comment on my blog was on May 30th 2011 ... last year ... I can however share a few search words that led to my blog since i remember you covering those once on a previous post.


1. with the barracuda (2)

2. "landed on something" "scaly and hard"

3. cliff barracuda

4. cliffhanger wallpaper

5. dragokights

6. dragonknights

7. university wallpaper


Okay, the Barracuda ones are understandable ... that was my beta-reader's choice of nickname ... and she hates cliffs and cliffhangers in my writing ... I'm at a loss for words for search result number 2 ... *dives head first into the gutter XD

I hope these were entertaining.

Judy, Judy, Judy said...

No to the spam thing but I am amused every time I check out my blog stats.
I wrote a blogpost about a book by Anne Stuart, The Devil's Waltz. In the book the heroine frequently calls the hero Priapus, after the god who is always pictured with an erect penis.
Guess what the number one keyword is for people finding my blog through google? Priapus.
I wonder if this comment will end up in your spam filter.

RamblingWords said...

Gosh Tawna, the spammers must have been working overtime and more this weekend. I can't tell you how many spam comments my blog got this weekend and how diligent I had to be about deleting them. :rolleyes:

I had many, many spam posts that were in oriental characters. Some were complete jibberish, as in just random letters typed in a string of "words" with the subject line "Make Prank Phone Calls."

The spammers kept me busy but yes, at times I was amused at the writing in these "comments" because it was more than obvious that English is not their first language and that the Babelfish Translator leaves something to be desired.

Cheers,

Ardee-ann

Raley Blue said...

No spam on my blog, but how weird is it that my email notification for this post was ACTUALLY IN MY SPAM FOLDER, AND WHEN I WENT TO MOVE IT TO MY INBOX, IT EVAPORATED INTO THIN AIR. I SERIOUSLY CAN'T FIND IT NOW. Freaky black magic f***ery.