It’s in a little basket on my desk beside the computer, and I know right where the lip balm sits without looking.
Well, I thought I did.
Apparently, a lip balm and a glue stick bear such a striking resemblance to each other.
Annoyed with myself, I decided it was time to clean the desk basket. I originally put it there to hold items I considered necessary for my workday, so here’s a list of some of those necessary items:
- Two tubes of hand cream, one tube of foot cream, one tube of body cream
- A lapel pin depicting an Oregon Pink Shrimp
- A packet of all-purpose plant food
- A miniature Slinky
- Toenail clippers
- Four small rocks
- One glue stick
- Refills for an automatic pencil I do not own
- One packet of Sen-Sens
- A fake rubber worm
- Five hair elastics
- A spoon
- A tape measure
- Two spools of dental floss
- Seven lipsticks, four lip balms, and two tubes of lip gloss
- Two small plastic lizards
- An assortment of paperclips, safety pins, and pocket change
My mom has a catch-all drawer in the kitchen she calls “the hell drawer,” so it seems I have a “hell basket.”
I have no idea how half this stuff ended up in there or why I thought it was integral to my work.
Do you have a basket or a drawer that’s become the dumping ground for hodgepodge in your life? What is the strangest item currently in it?
Please share in the comments. I’ll be busy staging a battle between the worm and the lizards.