Friday, March 4, 2011

I'm getting leid

Each year, my parents spend several months on the Hawaiian island of Kauai.

Though Pythagoras and I've have traveled all over Hawaii ourselves and even visited Kauai a couple years ago, I've never gotten to hang out there with my parents. They're forever scheming to find ways for me to visit them, but the stars never seem to align quite right. Either my work schedule won't cooperate or there's a book deadline looming or I just can't find enough change between the sofa cushions.

But the stars have finally aligned.

As you read this, I'm probably on a plane bound for ten days of blissful sun, sand, and fruity drinks with hunks of pineapple anchored on the rim.

The timing is perfect, with LET IT BREATHE off my desk and no pressing deadlines to tend to for the day job. Since temperatures are in single-digits outside my house right now, I'm in desperate need of a little warmth.

I may or may not blog while I'm gone. I'll try to post a picture or two, and if you follow me on Twitter, I'll be using the hashtag #gettingleid.

I'll also still be blogging in my usual Friday slot a The Debutante Ball, so be sure to stop by today and see what I had to say about typos.

In the meantime, I pledge to have a mai-tai in honor of each of you.

Wait, how many of you are there?

Never mind. I'm up for the challenge.

15 comments :

Mary said...

Oh, please have a lovely Mai-Tai for me! Don't forget to take pics and make us jealous with your tales of toned, tanned, half-naked (naked?) men flexing on the beach. Or surfing. Or scaling trees for coconuts. I need something to look forward to!

D. U. Okonkwo said...

Totally jealous! LOL. Have a great time!

Sheila Siler said...

Have a great time, I can't be too jealous as I went to Aruba in January. Have fun!

Danica Avet said...

Have a great time, Tawna!

Matthew MacNish said...

Enjoy!

Sarah W said...

Have a wonderful time!

We want photos!

Anonymous said...

Oh wow. Always wanted to go to Hawaii. Have fun. Relax. Enjoy. Oh, and post pictures. I will live vicariously through you as I don't see me getting to Hawaii any time soon :(

Kadi Easley said...

Wow it seems everyone I know is in Hawaii right now. And none of them asked me along. LOL Have a great time.

lora96 said...

Make mine a pina colada, extra rum. Just for me. I'm knocked up so I can't drink for like a zillion months.

Have an amazing time.

PS LOVE the leid post title.

Linda G. said...

I am green with envy, but trying to stomp it down. After you drink my Mai-Tai, drunk tweet it, okay? And any pics of, um, interesting "scenery." ;)

DrCarrieT said...

Wishing you much fun and many fruity drinks!

Susan Flett Swiderski said...

FYI, if you go into one of those rotating top-of-the-building restaurants, don't suck down one of those punch bowl-sized fruity adult beverages, especially if you're directionally challenged to begin with.

Have fun!

Aloha, Susan

Anonymous said...

Have fun in Hawaii, good lady! But skip the mai tai and go straight for the chilled vodka if you're drinking in my honor, would you? Thanks.

Jason said...

It's been way too long since I have been to Hawaii...saving my money to move there. Only half kidding.

Eat a puka dog for me. :)

Debra Lynn Shelton said...

If a drink has an umbrella in it, I'm in.

Hawaiian Wish: May you get leid more than once while on vacation.