Thursday, June 16, 2011

We have a winner! (Not to be confused with weiner. I do not have one of those)

Thank you to all the lovely readers who were kind enough to vote for your favorite reenactment of the Making Waves cover.

The polls have closed, and victory belongs to...

(drumroll, please?)

Jenna McCarthy!

Applause! Applause! Jenna, would you like to do a victory dance?

Speaking of Jenna and book covers, she let me have a sneak peek at the cover for her upcoming release (get ready for this title) If It Was Easy, They'd Call the Whole Damn Thing a Honeymoon: Living with and Loving the TV-Addicted, Sex-Obsessed, Not-So-Handy Man You Married.

It doesn't hit shelves 'til October, but you can bet your sweet bacon bits I've already pre-ordered that bad boy.

Congratulations to Jenna, and thank you to ALL OF YOU who submitted entries in the contest. I wish I had an advance reading copy of Making Waves to offer everyone, but alas, I do not.

I can offer a special Making Waves booty bag to everyone who submitted a photo reenactment of the cover. Send your snail mail address to tawnafenske at yahoo dot com and I'll hook you up.

Oh, and as promised, I picked one random commenter to also receive a booty bag. Well, I didn't actually pick. I wrote all the entries on little slips of paper, put them in a mixing bowl, and went upstairs to knock on the new housemate's door.

"Could I get you to pick a blog contest winner for me?" I called.

"A what?"

"A blog contest winner. You see, I have this blog..."

It dawned on me that if my housemates aren't already aware of this blog, perhaps it's best if I don't alert them. I held up the bowl and smiled.

"How about you just choose a piece of paper?"

So he chose. Congratulations to Crystal Posey! Send me your snail mail address and I'll make sure you get a booty bag as well.

Thanks again to everyone for playing!

Oh, and in case this post is a little too boring for your taste, stop by The Divining Wand where I guest blogged about how "Finding where you fit is harder than it looks." Over there, I politely refrained from making a sex joke about that title.

Here on this blog, however...

*snicker*

8 comments :

Kristie Cook said...

That cover is awesome, right down to the blurb. NIce job, Jenna, and congrats.

Linda G. said...

Congrats, Jenna! Love your cover. :)

And congrats to Crystal, too -- you lucky duck! :)

Anonymous said...

NICE!!! Congrats winners.
Have a great day!!

Matthew MacNish said...

Congrats Jenna, your Barbies sure did rock that cover!

Her book looks like Non-Fiction. Is it?

Crystal Posey said...

YAY! It's possible I'm a little too excited over this booty bag!

Crystal Posey said...

Jenna not only has a great book cover, her website is awesome. So pretty!

Jenna McCarthy said...

I won! I won! Now I don't feel quite so bad about playing Barbies and staging pretend photo shoots all the time while I should be working! (I mean ONCE. That ONE TIME, not ALL the time. Really.) Thanks to all for the cover and website love (and yes, Matthew, my book is nonfiction. Scary, huh?:)

Kimberly Sabatini said...

Congrats Jenna-it was pretty awesome and I so would have voted for you if I wasn't voting for me. *bawls loudly* Damn you August--hurry up and get here!!!!!