“So I hear congratulations are in order!”
Those were the words of a business colleague I ran into on my lunch break last week.
Normally when someone congratulates me, I know what it’s for. It might be related to a successful media pitch I performed in my capacity as the PR manager for my city’s tourism bureau, or it might be a commentary on the impromptu striptease I performed on the bar the previous night. Either way, I know which it is.
- I got engaged. Yep, that’s right. My gentleman friend surprised me with a ring and a bended-knee proposal on a bridge in a park where we were strolling during a romantic getaway last weekend. I bawled. And I said yes. Duh. Though he will always be my gentleman friend, it looks like he’ll also be my fiancée, and (assuming he doesn’t run away screaming in the next 12 months) eventually my husband.
- I have a new book coming out October 8—holycrapthatstomorrow. The Great Panty Caper is my latest release with Coliloquy, the awesome publisher of interactive fiction (sorta like a grownup version of choose-your-own-adventure). Technically, The Great Panty Caper is part of the Getting Dumped series, so you’ll recognize the characters and details if you’re a fan. If you have no idea what I’m talking about, you can still enjoy The Great Panty Caper since it’s a standalone novella that makes sense even if you’ve never read anything else I’ve written.
- Early reviews for The Great Panty Caper have been rolling in quickly and making my head swell like an aroused flesh banana. Reviewers have written things like, “This book had me laughing out loud,” and “You will fall in love with the Shultz sisters.” Oh, and my favorite, “I read this book in one sitting. Then I immediately went back and read all the alternative versions. Then I had to go read one of Tawna Fenske's other books.” Music to an author’s ears!
With so many awesome things happening in my life, it’s understandable they’d blur together. I figured I might as well take advantage of that, and asked my gentleman friend if he’d like to tie the knot at the landfill (the setting for the first two Getting Dumped stories).
He hasn’t replied yet, but I’m sure that’s only because he’s so overcome with joy.
If you want to get your hands on The Great Panty Caper you can find it here for Kindle, or here for Nook, or here for the iBookstore, or here for Kobo, or here for Android. It’s only $1.99, which is less than a three-pack of Trojan Magnum condoms and almost as fun.
To follow the whole blog tour, here’s the lineup of friends, fans, street team members, and random strangers blogging about The Great Panty Caper:
- Ocober 8: Coliloquy
- October 10: Jennie Shaw of Well Shut the Front Door (review)
- October 11: Jennie Shaw of Well Shut the Front Door (interview)
- October 12: Erica of The Book Cellar (review)
- October 14: Lynn Reynolds (review)
- October 15: Heidi of CosmoChickLitan (review)
- October 17: ChickLit Central (promo post + giveaway)
- October 18 Elizabeth Flora Ross of The Writer Revived (review)
- October 20: Kate of Verb Vixen (review & character profile)
- October 21: Mary of Bookswarm (review)
- October 23: Kiera of Love,Romance, Passion (review)
|Blue Cat, one of the stars of The Great Panty Caper.|
So back to the colleague who congratulated me.
I finally gave up guessing and inquired which accomplishment he was praising.
“I heard you fixed the popcorn maker in the break room,” he said. “I know how much you love that thing.”