I spent the weekend helping a friend move, a process that’s approximately as enjoyable as sliding down a razor blade banister into a barrel of grapefruit juice.
On the bright side, there was no shortage of amusing innuendo. For example…
- We need to find a good place for all the screws
- It should be loose enough now you can just use your fingers
- Will this fit in that box?
- That’s way too big to shove in there
Lugging furniture up and down stairs
- Do you want to be on top or bottom?
- Hold on, I need to get a better grip so I can slide it
- Let’s switch so you're not behind me
Loading the moving truck
- We need to put the smaller things in before we cram in all that big stuff
- Push harder and you should be able to get it in
- Why don’t I stick that in my trunk instead?
So that pretty much covers the excitement of my weekend. How was yours?