Monday, November 28, 2011

Even moving day is filthy if you listen closely

I spent the weekend helping a friend move, a process that’s approximately as enjoyable as sliding down a razor blade banister into a barrel of grapefruit juice.

On the bright side, there was no shortage of amusing innuendo. For example…

Disassembling furniture

  • We need to find a good place for all the screws
  • It should be loose enough now you can just use your fingers

Packing

  • Will this fit in that box?
  • That’s way too big to shove in there

Lugging furniture up and down stairs

  • Do you want to be on top or bottom?
  • Hold on, I need to get a better grip so I can slide it
  • Let’s switch so you're not behind me

Loading the moving truck

  • We need to put the smaller things in before we cram in all that big stuff
  • Push harder and you should be able to get it in
  • Why don’t I stick that in my trunk instead?

So that pretty much covers the excitement of my weekend. How was yours?

7 comments :

Writer Pat Newcombe said...

Not as interesting as yours, obviously! Love the inuendo - made me smile...

Sarah W said...

We went to a holiday festival with a ballroom full of sponsored, themed Christmas trees.

One tree was made of strings of lights and crystals, with a beautiful, flat, stained-glass base to place presents on. It was also extremely tall.

I heard a woman say to the man next to her, "No, that would be way too hard for me--I'd have to be on top." he startedt o laugh and she punched him in the arm and said, loudly, "I mean, on top of the ladder!! To fix the star!"

LynnRush said...

Bahahahaha. I love how you can find humor in everything! That just makes me laugh. I had a great weekend. Lots of food, family, and fun! :)

Patricia Eimer said...

Oh crap, we're getting ready to move and I'm going to have this in my head the whole time now. How am I going to keep from giggling inappropriately with my mother in law in the room?

Diane Henders said...

"Holy sh*t, I've never been blown like that before!"

149 km/hr (93 mph) wind gusts, glass getting sucked out of highrises. They closed downtown Calgary because of the flying glass.

Yep, just another weekend in Chinook Country.

Bethany Elizabeth said...

This morning needed a laugh, and this definitely helped. :) There's innuendo everywhere!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.