Wednesday, January 25, 2012

So who won the Kindle? (drumroll, please)

I'm thrilled with all the fabulous participation from readers hoping to win a Kindle loaded with all four "active fiction" launch titles from Coliloquy!

Thanks so much to all of you who commented, tweeted, blogged, Facebook posted, sent photos, and tattooed the Coliloquy logo on your butt cheeks (though, alas, we had to disqualify several who placed the tattoo on the right cheek instead of the left).

I'm going to pretend at least some of your enthusiasm is for my book, Getting Dumped, as opposed to just the free Kindle.

Some of you opted to perform the photo task as part of your entry criteria, and I laughed myself silly over these entries:

Allie Sanders got into the spirit of Getting Dumped by borrowing her nephew's hardhat and dump truck.  I'm assuming the lovely handbag is hers?

Caitlin Whitaker missed out on a contest I held several months ago inviting readers to reenact the cover for my debut novel, Making Waves. She decided to make up for it by creating a Making Waves-inspired parody for Getting Dumped. I'm just hoping that garbage can was clean. Oh, and that she knows the guy she's in there with.

Sprouting Acorn (aka Lynnanne) opted to reenact a bit of the actual cover for Getting Dumped (complete with a personal note pleading for the Kindle!)

Suzy Brown embraced the designer handbag theme in Getting Dumped. She assured us these were just the bags she happened to have with her at work. JJ and Lori (the handbag-adoring heroines from Getting Dumped) would be so impressed!

I decided to let the wonderful folks at Coliloquy choose a winner, since they're the ones providing the Kindle and all. They carefully reviewed all the entries and developed a technologically advanced selection method involving a Sun Netra E1 PCI System Expander, an ATI Radeon 7200, and a quart of mayonnaise.

Congratulations to Caitlin Whitaker! You're the proud owner of a brand new Kindle loaded with all four "active fiction" launch titles from Coliloquy. Email me at tawnafenske at yahoo dot com with your snail mail address and I'll have Coliloquy get your Kindle out to you ASAP.

In case you missed it, I posted the first chapter of Getting Dumped on the blog yesterday. If you want to keep reading, visit Amazon to pick up your own copy (and a Kindle, if you don't happen to have one.

Thanks, everyone, for playing! You guys rock!

3 comments :

Matthew MacNish said...

You don't have to have a Kindle though, the cloud reader is free to read on your PC (or Mac or iPad, if you have those), although reading entire novels on backlit LCD screens (even if you have a Radeon 7200 throwing the pixels) kind of sucks.

Caitlin Whitaker said...

I had to read this post about four times before I fully understood that I'd won. I even checked my Coliloquy tat to make sure it was on the left cheek and didn't disqualify me. Ultimately, it was the mayonnaise factor that convinced me this isn't a collossal joke (who am I to argue with emulsified egg yolks?). Anyway, BOOYAH! I'll be reading "Getting Dumped" in no time! Thanks, Tawna!

Lynnanne said...

Congrats, Caitlin!!!