Friday, December 17, 2010

Go away

As a marketing geek in my other life, I try to be conscious of the saturation point – the moment at which the consumer considers lighting his TV on fire if he hears one more ad about a product.

I try to be aware of that in my author life as well. In the interest of making sure you don't get sick of me just yet, I'm not writing a real blog post today. Instead, I'm sending you to two places you can find such creatures if you so desire.

First up, pay a visit to The Novel Road where Douglas Morrison is devoting the entire month to interviewing authors from different genres. The guests so far have included Brian Haig, Robin Becker, Ken McClure, Peter Ginna, Kennedy Foster, Gary Corby, Sean Ferrell, Brian Russell, Joan Wolf, and now...well, moi. I'm honored just to be included in such an amazing lineup, and encourage you to check out all the other interviews as well as mine.

Second on the agenda is my regular weekly post at The Debutante Ball where we've been blogging about rejection all week. My post is up today, but I should also tell you that you DO NOT WANT TO MISS Saturday's guest post by Laurie Halse Anderson on the subject of rejection. I got a sneak peek, and it's seriously one of the most brilliant pieces I've ever read on this topic.

So there you go. Come back Monday and I'm sure I'll find something else to blather about. Have a great weekend!

5 comments :

Linda G. said...

Aw, I could never get sick of your posts. But I can sure understand if you need a little break from writing them. Enjoy your weekend! :)

Matthew MacNish said...

I was wondering about this because Bryan Russell is kind of my mentor, and when I read his interview, and saw that you were on there, I went to look for yours and was like WTF? Glad to know I wasn't going crazy.

Danica Avet said...

It's kind of like those annoying Hyundai commercials they keep playing, huh? You know, the one with the woman singing Christmas songs and the man dancing and acting like buying a car you'll be paying off for the next half a decade of your life is fun. *mumbles* ;)

Teri Anne Stanley said...

There was this song a couple of years ago, Paralyzer. It was on the radio every single time we got in the car. My kids were even willing to listen to country to avoid Paralyzer.
The following year, there was this commercial for insurance. Same thing. My son called it "the Paralyzer of commercials". Okay, it was hilarious at the time. I guess you maybe had to be there.

lora96 said...

Ah, saturation.

The reason why, this week, my second graders learned the meaning of the word "aggravated."

A teacher has arranged to have pizzas delivered on the day of the holiday party for any class whose teacher wants to order and pay for them. There were thirteen intercom announcements about this Tuesday and after the fourth one on Wednesday between 8 and 9 am, all the second grade teachers gathered in the hall to fume and fuss. I had to explain to the kids what i meant when I said I was aggravated by all the repetitive announcements. (It sounded better than I'm NOT ORDERING ANY GODDAMN PIZZAS which was the alternative)

Thanks for the heads-up on LHA--she is a goddess.