Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Wordless Wednesday: Things making me smile

I've tried before to do Wordless Wednesday posts, but I always seem to screw it up with....well, words.

Like these ones.

Or these ones.

No matter, here are a few things that have made me smile in the last couple weeks:

Our local newspaper recently ran an article about a couple that's spent a lifetime traveling the world's canals. "Check out this crazy article in the paper," declared my gentleman friend as he covered the "c" with his thumb. Now you see why I'm nuts about him?

I do a lot of chats with book clubs via Skype, telephone conference, or even in person if the group lives nearby. After I had the pleasure of Skype chatting with this wonderful bunch of Making Waves fans in Ohio, they were kind enough to send me this photo. If you happen to have a book club of your own, give me a shout if you'd like to chat about Making Waves, Getting Dumped, or Believe it or Not.

December is crazy at the day job, so we had our holiday party in late-January. The boss didn't want anyone driving after our alcohol-infused starlight snowshoe tour, so he kindly arranged lodging in a fancy downtown hotel. My gentleman friend and I ordered breakfast in bed the next morning, and the instant I opened the door for the room service attendant, I realized I should have tidied a bit first.

A blog reader snapped this photo and emailed it to me, knowing the innuendo would make me giggle. It did. It definitely did!


 So what's been making YOU smile lately? Please share!


1 comment :

Matthew MacNish said...

Your posts. They always make me smile.