Selling my house wasn’t my first choice, but I’m rolling with the process and enjoying the little pleasures where I can find them.
Like the fact that my realtor talks dirty to me. She knows I’m a romance author, though I’m pretty sure she has no idea how fond I am of naughty innuendo. Here are just a few things she’s said in recent weeks that seriously had me biting my tongue to keep from laughing:
- The sign will be there Friday, and he’ll call if he has a hard time sticking it in.
- We had a little trouble getting it up, but the listing is live!
- Is it OK if we come through the back door?
- We’ll bring them by tonight, but they can’t get off until five.
- The flyers are done, but we need someone to swing by and stuff them in the box.
- We’re planning an event with all the other agents, but you wouldn’t believe how hard it is to get a dozen realtors to come at the same time.
That last one she said on the phone Tuesday night, and I swear she paused afterward like she was waiting for me to laugh.
You’ll be proud to know I didn’t. Much.
So have you heard any good innuendos lately? Please share!
I have to go trim the bush. What? She said it would make things look tidier in front.